Manages all day-to-day operations of the bakery section of the kitchen.
· Prepare a wide variety of bread following traditional and modern recipes.
· Monitor all duty schedules in the bakery operation.
· Create high quality and creative bakery products to satisfy the customer
· Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate Superiors to complete the daily tasks
· Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with new recipes and preparation techniques
· Participate in establishing the month end inventory in the bakery
· Handle all food transfers out of the bakery to other areas and ensures proper documentation
· Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
· Consult and check on daily bakery requirements, functions, buffets and last minute events
· Ensure highest standards of hygiene within the bakery section.
· Assists to conduct regular communications meetings and ensure that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
· Maximizes employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.
· Participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, market conditions, and popularity of various dishes and frequency of menu
· Follow hotel rules and regulation at all times
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Chef and Pastry Chef.